So I see that I have been getting in at least one post every month and I don’t plan on breaking that flow (though I really would like to post more often though). I have SO many posts still stuck in drafts because they take thought and energy to write and… honestly, I’ve been lacking in that department for a few weeks now. I’ve made no secret about the fact that I struggle with depression and, yes, I’m going through a bit of a low at the moment.
But for those of you who may be curious, here are a couple general updates about the state of my life, this blog, etc.
1) For various reasons, I deleted my tumblr a few months ago and I’ve been much happier without it. The downside is I’ve lost all the casual translations that I’ve posted on there for the past 4 years so many of the links on my “Translations” page are dead. Boo. But not to worry – I have started a portfolio of my translations on Google Drive and will be updating links over the next couple months.
2) I still have a (very infrequently) updated Korean language diary on tumblr here.
3) I was in the Motherland (i.e. India) for two weeks in August. Overall it was a very unremarkable experience.
4) I’ve been reading a lot, LOT more (not Korean) and have thus mostly given up on television – including Korean dramas and anime. This makes me so happy because I’d always loved reading but then graduate school sucked all the enjoyment out of it for me. I’m finally falling back in love with books. Are any of you avid readers? Friend me on Goodreads! The slight downside to this is that language-learning has taken a backseat for the time being.
5) A big hug and THANK YOU to all the people who have followed me on this blog, sent me sweet emails/messages/tweets, and have stuck with me from the beginning. You guys are the ones who keep me writing and learning.